Sunday, July 24, 2011

Excitement Over Bonnie & Clyde On The Great White Way

Hey, All! Right now I'm super excited for a new show that's making it's way to Broadway, and that would be none other than Bonnie and Clyde! As everyone knows, Bonnie and Clyde were a notorious pair of robbers and murderers during the Great Depression in America. The were also hopeless romantics desperate to find their place in the world. After two preview showing, at La Jolla Playhouse and Asolo Rep, respectively, Bonnie and Clyde is coming to Broadway in New York this fall! I'm super stoked since a friend of mine from last summer had the priveledge of being in the Asolo Rep cast last fall. Today I was reading an interview with Ivan Menchell who wrote the book for the musical. It's very interesting and I recommend that you all read it here: http://broadwaysbestshows.com/spotlight/48 He really goes into what a long process completing the musical was, and it makes me appreciate every artist who has ever attempted the feat of writing a musical. Fingers crossed that I will get to see this show, because it sounds like a hit! Yayy broadway!

No comments:

Post a Comment