Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lessons Learned at a Lake in NH

I spent Sunday night and most of Monday at Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire with some girlfriends. It was really just a relaxing way to wind down the summer, and although it wasn't "action packed" we all agreed that it was nice to have some time to chill by the lake, eat some great food, and catch up on some much needed sleep.



What I learned while I was there...
1. I love walking around wooded areas barefoot. I pretty much didn't wear shoes the whole time we were there, at first because I couldn't remember where I had put my shoes but later because I liked the way my feet felt on the cold dirt.

2. I'm really bad at kayaking. And canoeing. And anything involving lakes and physical activity.

3. Golden Girls is a really funny show, and worth watching occasionally with friends. Even if it did put me to sleep.

4. Going to bed while everyone else parties the night away isn't the end of the world. I got about 10 hours of sleep and I really didn't regret it.

5. I wish our town had a prettier waterfall. On the way home, we stopped in Meredith, NH, for food and they had this gorgeous rushing waterfall right in the middle of all the shops. It made our town's waterfall look disgusting. It also just smelled nice. I like the smell of water, apperently.

No comments:

Post a Comment