Friday, September 2, 2011

Six weeks and craving tomatoes...say what??

Within the past few days, I've noticed a couple Facebook posts such as "I'm six weeks and craving tomatoes." Not only did I find it odd to see such similar posts by numerous Facebook friends, but the fact that none of the girls who posted these are pregnant was also odd. So I decided to investigate.


To begin my investigation, I did what every good detective must do. I googled. Typing in the google search bar, I copied one of the statuses and pasted it to google, and then looked at my results. The very first result said "I'm six weeks and craving tomatoes," and was a question on Yahoo! Answers, so I clicked.
Why were all my friends suddenly craving tomatoes??

The person who had written the post was very confused, as I was, at why friends were posting these out-of-the-ordinary statuses. The second answer on the post, however, unlocked all the mysteries! I learned that these posts are in support of Breast Cancer Awareness. You may remember in past years seeing women post the colors of their bra as their status, or where they like to keep their purse.


According to the post, so many people took part in these status updates last year that it made national news! The key is to not tell any guys what your post means or why your doing it, but to raise awareness your supposed to tell all your girlfriends!
It's because of Breast Cancer Awareness!!

The answer behind the weird statuses is this: you choose your birthday, month and day, and match it to the list below. Then you post as your status: "I'm (your birth month) weeks and I'm craving (your birthday)!"
Example: Feb 14th= I'm 2 weeks and craving Choclolate mints!!


January-1week
Febuary-2weeks
March-3weeks
April-4weeks
May-6weeks
June-8weeks
July-10weeks
August-12weeks
September-13weeks
October-14weeks
November-16weeks
December-18weeks


Days of the month:


1- Skittles
2- Starburst
3- Kit-Kat
4- M&M's
5- Tomatoes
6- Ice Cream
7- Dairy Milk
8- Lollipop
9- Peanut Butter Cups
10- Meat Balls
11- Twizzlers
12- Bubble Gum
13- Hershey's Kisses
14- Chocolate Mints
15- Twix
16- Cheese
17- Fudge
18- Cherry Jello
19- Banana's
20- Pickels
21- Chicken Wings
22- Skittles
23- Gummy Bears
24- Gummy Worms
25- Strawberry Pop Tarts
26- Starburst
27- Mini Eggs
28- Kit-Kat Chunkie
29- Double Chocolate Chip Crunchy Cookies
30- Smarties
31- Chocolate Cake


According to this, I'm thirteen weeks and I'm craving Double Chocolate Chip Crunchy Cookies!!!


Comment below with how many weeks you are and what you're craving!! And tell me, do you plan on updating your status with this in support of Breast Cancer Awareness?


Cassie

To see the orignial Yahoo! Answers post, click here:

3 comments:

  1. Hello Cassie! thanks for dropping by my page I'm 10 weeks and craving for bananas lol :))it's really nice posting this kind of status ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I am 18 weeks and craving gummy worms :) Thanks for the fun post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this too...and I had to Google it! I'm 1 week (makes no sense by the way) and I'm craving Starbursts. Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway. I'm happily following you back :)

    http://www.wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.com

    ReplyDelete