Saturday, November 5, 2011

Happy November/No Spend November!

Hi all,
Happy November! It is indeed November 5th, Thanksgiving and the holiday season are on their way, and I have a new plan for this month! Recently, I've felt I've been spending so much money on things I don't need but impulsively want, such as a new hat, frequent thai food outings, and a trip to Canobie Lake Park.

Well, all this spending has been depleting my summer savings, and this is money that I had planned to hold on to until next summer. NOT GOOD. So, for this month, I'm challenging myself not to spend any money on ANY extras, that is things that I'm not obligated to buy or don't already budget myself to buy.

I've read about people doing this but am kind of skeptical. I'm not sure if it will work with me or what, but I'm going to give it a go. My plan is to keep track of everything I spend, starting today. At the end of the month, if I meet my goal of no extras, no exceptions, I'm going to celebrate by buying my Christmas presents a little early!

Ok, so here we go: November 5th, as of right now I've spent 0 dollars so I'm at my goal!

Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment